ITNC Marine has been founded to act as a centre of innovation for the digital ship of the future. It has a role as the vessel IT support and projects entity within the COLUMBIA group, providing comprehensive vessel IT infrastructure, information security, maritime grade communications, cutting edge IoT and navigation equipment solutions. ITNC Marine’s mission is to ensure the highest standards of vessel IT and NavCom deployments via industry leading consultancy services and best of breed technology. As a Vessel IT Engineer at ITNC, you will work within a team to implement, manage and support IT platforms onboard vessels belonging to the COLUMBIA fleet and additional 3rd party fleets.
The daily duties of the team include bit not limited to the following:
- Daily management of the vessel’s IT infrastructure BAU activities
- Troubleshooting issues and liaising with partners and other internal teams to resolve them
- Participate in planning and executing exciting new projects arising from business analysis or client requirements
- Setting up R&D lab environments to validate testing of new technologies, continuous deployment and 24/7 operations of the fleet under management
- Constantly challenge thinking and increase efficiency by driving an ethos of automation and optimization
- Board vessels globally to build, deploy and test the CSM standard IT infrastructure bundle
- Primarily based in Limassol, Cyprus but can be flexible
- Travelling to global locations for setting up of the IT infrastructure on board vessels
- Hands on experience on Desktop environments and desktop application administration and installation.
- Experience in administering and setting up Windows Server environments/ Active directory/ WSUS and Terminal server environments.
- Experience with remote monitoring and administration toolkits, especially ManageEngine
- Knowledge of Virtualization platforms Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare
- Applicable experience of networking, routing and cyber security
- Knowledge in implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting desktop applications (MS Office, Webapps, Client-Server)
- Previous customer support experience (helpdesk, service desk) as well as client related service reporting.
- Understanding of basic vessel connectivity concepts (VSAT, 5G, Starlink)
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Team player and the ability to work within a multicultural environment, Self-starter, capable of demonstrating initiative
- Exemplary customer facing skills & Excellent communicator at all levels
- University or College degree in the field of Information Technology/ Engineering
- Microsoft O365 knowledge • Verbal and written fluency in Russian or German • Microsoft certifications in the subject area MCSE will be considered as an advantage
- Networking certifications i.e. CCNA • Service management attestations i.e. ITIL • Basic Cyber Security certification will be also considered as an advantage