To strengthen our Technical department in Singapore we are looking for a qualified and motivated Technical Superintendent for Container Vessels to join the team.
- Ensuring the safe and economic operation of ships allocated;
- Being fully conversant with the Company’s Management System;
- Implementing effectively the Company’s Management System;
- Contributing to the development of new or the amendment of existing procedures;
- Promoting and supporting efforts for continual improvement;
- Monitoring compliance with the Company’s Management System relevant to the shipboard and departmental activities;
- Ensuring prudent financial management;
- Arranging for repairs and dry dockings;
- Ensuring that the ships are fully certified according to international standards and requirements;
- Ensuring that the ships are appropriately manned;
- Preparing technical reports to owners in compliance with the management agreement;
- Encouraging and developing a strong safety culture and environmental & energy awareness on board ships assigned;
- Providing support to the shipboard management in respect of technical and operational matters.
- A marine degree from a university, with a minimum of three (3) years experience onboard ships or in the shipping industry, or holding a Chiefs Engineer’s license with a minimum of two (2) years sea service as a Chief Engineer, or having been in a position of Technical Superintendent with another shipping company for a minimum of two years preferably in Container vessels;
- Good leadership, controlling and communication skills as well the ability to work within a team;
- Good command of the English language;
- Good knowledge of the marine industry and applicable Rules and Regulations;
- Good technical knowledge of the vessels assigned to him;
- Knowledge about purchasing and budget cost control.