ROLE DESCRIPTION –Reefer Engineer
The OPERATIONS Level consists of all other Engine Officers, maintaining direct control over the performance of all functions within the designated area of responsibility, in accordance with the Company’s procedures and under the direction and supervision of an Officer serving in the Management Level of responsibility. The Reefer Engineer reports and is accountable to the Staff Chief Engineer.
Ship and process specific Task Assignments shall be prepared by the Management Level
· Is responsible for daily operation, maintenance, and repair of all HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) and refrigeration related systems including the following:
· Supervise the AC Technician and ensure that all maintenance and repair work are carried out in a professional manner.
· Responsible for the HVAC and refrigeration section of the AMOS System maintenance and spare part program. Ensure that logging of maintenance and spare parts are up to-date.
· Shall conduct regular inspections of refrigeration section of the ship insisting on a high standard of cleanliness and upkeep.
· Shall personally inspect the cleanliness and safety of galley, laundry and launderettes exhaust ducts and ensure that all required and necessary cleaning routines and records are properly executed.
· Responsible for all budgetary accounts related to above mentioned areas.
· Ensure that systems are following rules and regulations. Failures and malfunction to be reported to Staff Chief Engineer.
· Shall report to/inform the Staff Chief Engineer of any irregularity observed / discovered in his area of work.
· Under no circumstances shall any modification or project be carried out without the consent of the Chief Engineer.
· Coordinate with contractors for maintenance work and servicing in his area of responsibility.
· Monitor the consumption of refrigerants closely and report immediately if an irregular situation should occur.
· Responsible for maintaining the Refrigerant Gas Logbook.
· Execute maintenance requests in his area of responsibility from all departments.
· Appraisal of crew under him.
· Update and maintain the ventilation drawings.
· To conduct specific familiarization of his subordinates.
· Adhere and comply with all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives.
Mandatory previous sailing experience on cruise ship of these specification:
Length: 292.5 m
Breath: 32.2 m
Engines: Diesel-electric 35,200 kW