ROLE DESCRIPTION – Hotel Service Engineer
The Hotel Service Engineer is responsible for the overall condition of all hotel related machinery on board. This includes all A/C Systems, sanitary systems, food stores, (refrigerating rooms & freezers), galley equipment, technical equipment and systems in public rooms and in cabins as well as in the crew area (excluding electrical parts).
· Arranging spare parts, for the receiving, stowage, care and economical use of all hotel machinery stores and spare parts.
· Coordinating repairs, preparing maintenance schedules and controlling the execution.
· Allocating jobs to the crew assigned to him.
· The careful handling of all equipment and machinery in his area of responsibility.
· Reporting to his Superior all accidents, near misses, deviations from operational routines and improvements which have a bearing on safety, security, environmental protection.
· This includes corrective measures for health and hygiene implementation.
· The Hotel Service engineer has the authority to issue instructions to personnel assigned to his area of responsibility.
· He is familiar with “CHIEF ENGINEER STANDING ORDERS” and follows all rules of safety and pollution prevention as established on board.
· He is up to date and familiar with “CCS SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM”
· In case of emergency he acts according to the Muster List.
Mandatory previous sailing experience on cruise ship of these specification:
Length: 292.5 m
Breath: 32.2 m
Engines: Diesel-electric 35,200 kW