ROLE DESCRIPTION – Electronic Engineer
The OPERATIONS Level consists of all other Engine Officers, maintaining direct control over the performance of all functions within the designated area of responsibility, in accordance with the Company’s procedures and under the direction and supervision of an Officer serving in the Management Level of responsibility. Electronic Engineer reports and is accountable to the Chief Electrical Engineer.
Ship and process specific Task Assignments shall be prepared by the Management Level
Responsible for electrical maintenance, repair, and spares of following equipment:
Navigational systems and aids such as:
· Radars, Gyros, Speed Log, Compasses, Track pilot, Autopilot
· VDR, AIS, Echo sounder, Anemometer, ROT, Rudder control
· NAPA, ECDIS, GPS, etc.
Internal communication systems such as:
· UHF radios, PA system, PABX, Sound powered telephones, Master Clock
· Talk back system, emergency call system, hospital call, etc.
· External communication systems such as:
· GMDSS equipment: VHF, MF/HF, Inmarsat C/D equipment, Navtex, FBB
· Fire alarm, Fire Doors and other SMS systems (Consilium)
· Door access control system
· Engine / Hotel CCTV systems
· OT systems and computers in cooperation with IT Officer
· Low Location Lighting
· Transitional/Navigational UPS, Computer UPS
· Hotel Dimming systems controls
· Assistance to L&S technicians
Utilise the AMOS System for respective equipment maintenance (PMS) and ordering of spares (Procurement).
Supervise and coordinate the repair and maintenance work of
Electronics Engineer Jr.
Plan and submit Permit to Work/Risk Assessment/Toolbox meeting.
Under no circumstances shall any modification or project be carried out without the consent of the Chief Electrical Engineer and Chief Engineer.
Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives always
Mandatory previous sailing experience on cruise ship of these specification:
Length: 323.6 m
Breath 37 m
Engines: Diesel-electric 62,400 kW (83,700 hp)