Blue Dynamics is the software development and implementation entity within the COLUMBIA group, providing the group for more than 10 years with comprehensive information system and application integration solutions. As a Data engineer at Blue Dynamics, you will work with a team of BI developers on the support and design/ development of data analytical processes and solutions as well as on the integration of 3rd party components into the COLUMBIA BI Stack. The primary work assignment will be located in Limassol, Cyprus.
Your day to day will be working managing the Data and BI Developers developing and maintaining a big data platform for technical / operational maritime datasets. You will be in charge managing and extending the Microsoft Azure BI Stack (PowerBI and other data pipeline components) and will provide professional cloud data solutions for the projects. You will harness the scalability and flexibility of the cloud platform to get most of the services they provide for the benefit of the business data insight.
As part of your tasks will be integrating data from different data sources, processing the data and preparing the data for a standardized enterprise schema in alignment with the BI Architect. You will also have to provide professional solutions to project extensions, client requirements and new projects.
Other such reasonable duties within the general scope of the job title are assigned by the BI architect to you.
- At least 2 x years of experience working with Azure technologies and concepts such as
- Azure Data Factory
- Data pipelines / ETL pipelines/ Azure Functions, LogicApp
- Azure Storage/ Data Lake – experience building Data lakes
- Analytics and report development (PowerBI and/or Synapsis)
- Databricks experience
- Agile / Scrum methodologies for managing the development projects
- Version control (Git)/ DevOps
- Previous extensive experience in report design and development on platforms like PowerBI, Tableau or similar data visualization platforms.
- Working SQL(and other variations of SQL) knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases (relational, multi-dimensional and object oriented)
- Analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Strong team-oriented working attitude and task management/ assignment capabilities as well as customer focus.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional BI teams in a dynamic environment.
Interested in learning new cloud-based technologies and architectures
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala,
- Process knowledge of the maritime ship management industry
- Experience with stream processing tools (Spark structured streaming, Azure Stream Analytics, Storm, etc.).
- EventHub and IoT integration experience
- Familiar with big data tools (Hadoop, Spark, etc.)