ROLE DESCRIPTION – First Engineer Junior
The OPERATIONS Level consists of all other Engine Officers, maintaining direct control over the performance of all functions within the designated area of responsibility, in accordance with the Company’s procedures and under the direction and supervision of an Officer serving in the Management Level of responsibility. The First Engineer Junior reports and is accountable to the First Engineer.
Ship and process specific Task Assignments shall be prepared by the Management Level
· Utilise the AMOS System for planning and update of work, stores, and unexpected maintenance.
· Responsible for cleanliness in the Engine Room.
· Responsible for safe working Practices / Toolbox meeting in Engine Room.
· Carry out engine room related work as assigned by the First Engineer.
· Carry out maintenance in accordance with AMOS System.
· Plan and submit Permit to Work/Risk Assessment/Toolbox meeting
· Under no circumstances shall any modification or project be carried out without the consent of the Chief Engineer.
· Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives always.
Mandatory previous sailing experience on cruise ship of these specification:
Length: 323.6 m
Breath 37 m
Engines: Diesel-electric 62,400 kW (83,700 hp)