To strengthen our team in Limassol we are looking for an experienced and motivated Vetting Superintendent to join the team. The Vetting Superintendent is a member of the Vetting Team. The Vetting Superintendent reports and is accountable to the Vetting Team Leader.
The Vetting Superintendent shall have the following qualifications:
- A university degree and /or at least two years relevant work experience with Columbia Shipmanagement or a similar company;
- Good working knowledge of international rules and regulations and of industry guidelines and recommendations;
- Good working knowledge of tankers operation as well as the OCIMF Ship Inspection Report Programme (SIRE) and CDI SIR;
- Good communication skills as well as the ability to work within a team;
- Good command of the English Language;
- The ability to work within a team.
The Vetting Superintendent is responsible for:
- Liaising with Masters, Marine and Technical Superintendents, Fleet Managers, the QSHE, the Operations and the Crewing Departments in the scheduling of vetting inspections;
- Submitting of inspection requests to the customers and keeping all parties informed of the progress of same;
- Controlling of vetting responses preparation;
- Circulating of inspection reports;
- Dealing with vetting questionnaires and related vetting and screening issues;
- Being adequately conversant with the Company’s Management System;
- Implementing effectively the Company’s Management System;
- Contributing to the development of new or the amendment of existing procedures;
- Promoting and supporting efforts for continual improvement;
- Maintaining the Department databases and Vetting Status;
- Maintaining up to date HVPQ’s in the SIRE, CDI and Q88 databases;
- Assisting in producing vetting statistics.
- Processing inspection invoices.