To strengthen our growing technical department in Hamburg we are looking for a motivated Technical Superintendent.
- Establishing a trustful co-operation with vessels’ commands and working as a team with all relevant shore based departments to become the focal contact point for all vessel related issues;
- Providing technical support to your fleet;
- Monitoring and maintaining the performance and condition of allocated vessels. This includes the follow-up on internal and external inspections;
- Carrying out regular ship inspections and attending dry-dockings to ensure that your entrusted vessels are operated according to highest international standards and customer requirements;
- Ensuring the safe and economic operation of the ships assigned to you;
- Preparing technical reports to owners in compliance with the management agreements;
- Promoting a strong safety culture and environmental & energy awareness on board your fleet.
- You hold a college or university degree in marine engineering or equivalent education;
- A minimum of two years sea service as Chief Engineer or you have experience as Technical Superintendent with another shipping company;
- You enjoy leading a team;
- You are a good communicator and enjoy working in a team;
- You are well aware of relevant international rules and regulations and industry guidelines;
- Computer literacy is essential for the successful accomplishment of tasks;
- You have knowledge about purchasing and budget cost control;
- Good command of the English language.