The Purchaser is accountable to the Procurement Team Manager and the Procurement Optimisation Manager.
The Purchaser shall have the following qualifications:
- Secretarial education or equivalent training and experience;
- Good command of the English language;
- Excellent typing skills;
- Excellent knowledge of computer programs;
- Good communication skills as well as the ability to work within a team.
The Purchaser in the Technical Department is responsible for:
- Maintaining the Technical Department purchasing filing system;
- Providing purchasing services in compliance with the Technical Department Manual;
- Informing Technical Superintendents immediately of any problems related to purchasing matters;
- Maintaining the computerised purchasing program;
- Being adequately conversant with the Company’s Management System;
- Implementing effectively the Company’s Management System;
- Contributing to the development of new or the amendment of existing procedures;
- Promoting and supporting efforts for continual improvement.
- Executing any other task as assigned by the Technical Management.