Due to our continuous expansion, we are looking for the right individual to strengthen and complement our team.
- Obtaining pro-forma Disbursement Accounts and negotiating rates;
- Appointing of Port Agents;
- Evaluating the Performance of Port Agents;
- Keeping records of Port Agents;
- Monitoring trading areas and notifying parties concerned in respect of complications foreseen; sanctions rules ets
- Ensuring that Port Agents receive Port prefunding to cover port forecasted charges and other Owners’ expenses prior arrival at the Port;
- Checking and approving Port Agents’ disbursements accounts through DA-Desk and/or D3;
- Arranging bunker procurement and ensuring timely payment of invoices;
- Making berth/anchorage reservations at each port based on the itinerary received by the vessels’ Owners;
- Liaising with vessels’ Owners regarding port and bunkering operational issues;
- Liasing with vessel’s Owners in respect of itinerary planning;
- Liaising with shipboard staff and arranging any services needed;
- A minimum of two (2) years’ of experience on board ships as an officer, or a university degree in shipping studies, or relevant experience in the maritime industry of the not less than two (2) years;·
- Good working knowledge of maritime industry and operations, applicable standards, international rules and regulations and of industry guidelines and recommendations;
- Previous experience in Port Operations dealing with Agencies and working with Disbursement accounts;
- Previous experience dealing with Port Operations Budgets preferred;
- Good communication and analytical skills as well as the ability to work within a team;
- Clear articulate communicator with good negotiation and presentation skills, fluent in English
- Track record of being able to meet tight deadlines in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to build and develop professional relationships with a diverse range of internal and external business partners.
- Proactive, dynamic self-starter who is able to work independently and can be trusted to deliver excellent results;
- Analytical and logical thinker with the ability to plan ahead and prioritise effectively with a data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Good knowledge of MS Office systems