Blue Dynamics is the software development and implementation entity within the COLUMBIA group, providing the group for more than 10 years with comprehensive information system and application integration solutions. As a junior data engineer at Blue Dynamics, you will work with a team of BI data analysts and engineers on the development and support of data analytical processes and solutions, as well as on the integration of third-party components into the COLUMBIA BI Stack. The primary work assignment will be in Limassol, Cyprus. Your day-to-day will be spent working hand in hand with the BI team to develop and maintain a big data platform for technical maritime and procurement-related data. Your focus will be on the Microsoft Azure Stack, which provides professional cloud data solutions for the project you will be assigned to. You will harness the scalability and flexibility of the cloud platform to get most of the services they provide. As part of your tasks, you will be integrating data from different data sources, automating the data processing, and preparing the data for a standardized enterprise schema in any format, from departmental data marts to ready-made dashboards. As an expert in data transformation and structures, you will also have to provide professional solutions to project extensions, client requirements, and new projects. Other reasonable duties within the general scope of the job title are assigned by the BI architect to you
- Working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience working with Azure technologies and concepts.
- Agile / Scrum methodologies and Version control (Git).
- Analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Interested in learning new cloud-based technologies and architectures.
- Strong team oriented working attitude and task management capabilities.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Strong plus (optional):
- Experience with Power BI
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala
- Process knowledge of the maritime ship management industry.
- Basic understanding and/or experience with sourcing and purchasing (procurement).
- Experience with stream processing tools (Spark structured streaming, Azure Stream Analytics, Storm, etc…)
- EventHub and IoT integration experience
- Familiar with big data tools (Hadoop, Spark, etc.)