To strengthen our team in Limassol, we are looking for an experienced and motivated Environmental Compliance Manager to join the team. The Environmental Compliance Manager reports and is accountable to the Top Management.
The Environmental Compliance Manager (ECM) shall have the following qualifications:
- Seagoing experience onboard passenger ships as Engine, Deck or Environmental Officer of not less than three years or equivalent experience shore based role;
- A wide knowledge of international rules & regulations and of industry guidelines and practices, local & international maritime environmental laws and regulations;
- Training, experience and skills in incident investigation and risk management;
- Good leadership, managerial and communication skills as well the ability to work within a team;
- Microsoft Office 365 proficiency;
- Good command of the English language.
The Environmental Compliance Manager (ECM) is responsible for:
- Ensuring all company employees are fully familiar with the Company’s Environmental policies and procedures;
- Ensuring that all environmental requirements and company environmental undertakings are explained and communicated to all employees, vendors and technicians;
- Ensuring that the Company’s Significant Environmental Aspects are identified and relevant Objectives and Targets are established, implemented and monitored in line with ISO 14001;
- Ensuring that all environmental related certificates and manuals are available and up-to-date.
- Maintaining the Company’s environmental Key Performance Indicators;
- Providing support to the shipboard management in compliance with the Environmental Policies and procedures;
- Reviewing, investigating, and documenting reports of non-compliance and environmental related incidents and ensuring the implementation of corrective and preventive actions;
- Ensuring the development and provision requirements for the employee training programs with regards to Environmental Compliance;
- Ensuring the development and maintenance of a system to track and report each vessel’s operational and machinery space waste quantities and capacities;
- Organising and documenting the quarterly meetings of the EMS-Team;
- Ensuring that the necessary notifications to the authorities occur as required by applicable international and/or national laws and regulations;
- Visiting ships randomly and performing Environmental Compliance Audits;
- Promoting and supporting efforts for continual improvement by contributing to the development of new or amendment of existing procedures.