As we continue to innovate and grow, we are seeking a detail-oriented and motivated Claims Officer to join our team. We value diversity and welcome applications irrespective of age, gender, disability, racial, ethnic, or social origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, or identity.
- Proper handling of claims;
- Liaising with other departments within the Company concerning claims handling;
- Maintaining communications with Average Adjusters, Protection & Indemnity Clubs, Brokers etc., when and where required;
- Following up of approved claims for correct and timely payment of collected funds;
- Keeping the appropriate check list for all pending claims up to date and notify the Insurance & Claims Manager for any delays in the collection of claims funds;
- Preparing of claims statistical records;
- Keeping the Claims Manager and other relevant parties correctly informed of all claims related matters;
- Maintaining a proper filing system for each claim;
- Preparing of claims status reports for customers and the Company as required;
- Being adequately conversant with the Company’s Management System;
- Implementing effectively the Company’s Management System;
- Contributing to the development of new or the amendment of existing procedures;
- Promoting and supporting efforts for continual improvement;
- Performing special tasks and projects assigned by the Group General Manager Claims & Legal.
- A university degree and/or sea experience in a position of command and/or at least three (3) years relevant work experience in the Company or a similar company;
- A good knowledge of marine insurance and claims handling procedures;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Good communication skills and an ability to work within a team;
- Conversant with applicable Rules and Regulations.