The Administrative Assistant – Marine plays a crucial role in supporting the efficient operation of marine-related activities within the organization. This position involves providing administrative and clerical support to marine department staff, facilitating communication, and ensuring the smooth execution of marine operations.
- Maintain and organize marine-related documents, including permits, licenses, and certifications.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of documentation for vessel operations, such as manifests, cargo lists, and clearance forms.
- Act as a central point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, including port authorities, vendors, and shipping companies.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements for marine department personnel.
- Accurately enter data related to vessel schedules, cargo handling, and inventory into computer systems or spreadsheets.
- Maintain up-to-date records of vessel arrivals, departures, and cargo handling activities.
- Maintaining the visit planner in CAPE up to date.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and correspondence as required by the marine department.
- Manage office supplies, ensuring their availability for marine staff.
- Assist in ensuring that safety protocols and regulations for marine operations are followed.
- Help monitor compliance with environmental and safety standards related to maritime activities.
- Support the marine department in tracking budgets, expenses, and financial records related to vessel operations.
- Assist in processing invoices, purchase orders, and expense reports.
- Participating, undertaking, and executing special secretarial and/or other tasks related to Marine Department
- Provide analytical support to assist in decision-making within the marine department.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or certifications in marine studies or administration is a plus.
- Secretarial education or equivalent training and experience;
- Previous administrative experience in a marine, logistics, or related field is preferred.
- Proficiency in using office software (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) and familiarity with maritime software applications is advantageous.
- Good command of the English language;
- Strong organizational, communication, and multitasking skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
- Knowledge of maritime regulations and safety practices is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic marine environment.